10.13.2010

Best.News.Ever!

Ok, I'm a little impulsive sometimes.  Other times, I'm super practical, thoughtful and patient.  And times like today--I'm a combination of both.

For months, I've been planning and talking about starting my soap business again in January.  I've been stock piling my favorite soaps since this summer and have slowly started talking to my friends, colleagues and family about my intention to sell soap once again.  And for months, Sharon (a lovely friend from work) has been pushing me..."Jensine, start before the holidays!"  And for months, I've had to temper Sharon's enthusiasm with my practicality and patience. 

Now, don't get me wrong...everything's in place for me to start my business again.  I was a successful soap seller in Virginia (check out my former store HERE, and here's my FEEDBACK).  This year, I took a number of business classes at the local college to learn the regulations about selling in Oregon.  And my system?  Well, let's just say that when I was in business before, I worked out lots of kinks through hard work and a few well-placed errors.  I've got loads of well-cured, flawless bars of soap just curing away...so I'm literally ready to go!

Waiting seemed like a good idea--start fresh with a new tax year, the holidays will be over so no crazy-making, and I can slowly begin to build my clientele here in Oregon.  The argument for waiting, though, was weak in a lot of ways...I mean, I am ready to go now!

THEN....the perfect storm.  Sharon announces that she knows someone who knows someone who...can help me get into the biggest craft fair of the season!  A woman emails me to see if I'm interested in selling in her upcoming show, and I'm overwhelmed with the amount of holiday fairs are within my reach.

Could I start...NOW?  Of course I can!  And I am.  I anticipate having my business license (in Oregon--yippee!!) by Friday, and can't wait to start sharing my lovely soaps with more than my closest friends, but the fabulous people of Bend.

My website is a work in progress, but here it is:  Scarlet Ivy Soaps

Check back often, as I'm constantly adding new soaps to my inventory and bringing back customers' favorites.  Wooo hooooo!!  Off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment